EVERINA is a fashion brand that provides chic, ethical fashion while empowering artisans (especially in Indonesia) and influencing community. Our founder, Emelie was born-and-raised in Indonesia and passionate about people and building a fruitful community.
Growing up, during vacations or school-trips to lush islands of Indonesia (Sumatra, Bali and Sulawesi), Emelie was fascinated by artisan-crafts that was made to be meaningful and useful, in the first place. She saw that artisans use a mixture of materials and techniques; from cotton and ikat, teak wood and carving to rattan and weaving - and many more.
After moving to DC Metro area in 2003 then to California, she discovered love for Indonesian & artisan-made goods and fashion, and a huge potential it has to be useful for Americans. Together with Emelie's husband, Andy, Everina was established in Winter 2017, under the umbrella of Cape Lifestyles LLC.
Emelie believes that creative & hardworking artisans should be able to live a life of their dreams where they can support their family, develop their creativity & flourish. We believe our work is a ministry and has a purpose to be a blessing for the community around us - whether it is in America and outside.
- Provide fashionable and ethical fashion
- Bring accessories that were made in respect of people and the planet aka socially responsible
- Empower of life of artisans around the world
- Expose creative and fashionable goods from all over the world, with a focus on Indonesia
Love + Empower + Creativity + Equality + Growth
How Do We Empower our Artisans
- We sourced our artisan-made goods fairly - from fair price, making sure the working conditions are healthy and safe and use non-toxic materials
- We partner with New York based non-profit organization, NEST, who actively engage in artisan programs to enhance the quality of life of creative artisans
- We are an incubator of Indonesian government trade development agency, ITPCLA. Together, committed in sharpening artisans skills, help them to thrive and promote Indonesia's best artisans goods